Italian fashion group Aeffe has recently acquired the remaining 30% stake in Moschino, bringing its ownership of the brand to 100%. The acquisition, worth 66.5 million euros, allows Aeffe to have complete control over its flagship brand, known for its offbeat pop aesthetic. This move is part of Aeffe’s strategy to integrate Moschino into its own operations and maximize its potential through synergies.

Moschino, founded by Franco Moschino in 1983, has historically managed its men’s and women’s ready-to-wear collections through licenses. In 1999, Aeffe purchased a 70% stake in the brand, with the remaining 30% held by Siny Holding, Siny Real Estate, and Siny Lab. Under the creative direction of Jeremy Scott, Moschino has experienced a successful relaunch, appealing to a loyal customer base with its irreverent and ironic spirit.

With revenues reaching 215.4 million euros in 2020, Moschino accounted for 80% of the total sales at Aeffe. The fashion group also owns luxury brands such as Alberta Ferretti and Philosophy, as well as the footwear label Pollini. Moschino’s product portfolio includes its main line, Love Moschino, and a youth-oriented line called Boutique Moschino, which was originally launched in 1988 as Moschino Cheap & Chic.

By acquiring the remaining stake in Moschino, Aeffe now has complete control over the brand’s value chain, ranging from product development to quality control, distribution, and communication. This consolidation of operations is expected to have a positive impact on the brand’s image and further enhance Moschino’s presence in the market.

Massimo Ferretti, the executive chairman of Aeffe, stated that the acquisition is a significant step in their medium-long term growth strategy. Aeffe aims to leverage the potential of Love Moschino by bringing it in-house and optimize its performance through integrated operations.

As the fashion industry enters its summer break, the acquisition of Moschino by Aeffe marks a noteworthy development in the Italian luxury sector. With full control over its flagship brand, Aeffe is well-positioned to capitalize on Moschino’s unique and unconventional style. The integration of Moschino into Aeffe’s operations presents promising opportunities for both brands, and it will be intriguing to observe how this strategic move unfolds in the coming months.

Useful Links:
1. Moschino Official Website
2. Aeffe Official Website