Italian fashion house Missoni has appointed Rothschild as its financial advisor to assist with the potential sale of the family-owned company. This decision comes as Missoni has received unsolicited interest from larger luxury groups in recent months, prompting the family to consider all options for the future of the brand.

Currently, the founding family holds a majority stake of 59% in Missoni, renowned for its vibrant and colorful designs. The remaining 41% is owned by Italian investment fund FSI, which injected 70 million euros into the fashion house in 2018. While no formal sale process has been initiated, preliminary work has been conducted in preparation.

Livio Proli, the CEO of Missoni, sees joining a larger luxury group as a potential advantage for the brand. Whether Missoni remains independent or becomes part of a larger group, Proli believes it is crucial to maintain the brand’s distinct craftsmanship. Proli expects the company’s revenue to reach 125 million euros ($135.84 million) this year, compared to 115 million euros in 2022. Missoni’s adjusted core profit in the previous year was approximately 5 million euros.

The potential sale of Missoni represents a significant moment for the iconic Italian fashion house. With the guidance of Rothschild, the brand aims to navigate this process without compromising its rich heritage and unique craftsmanship. The ultimate goal is to strike a balance where Missoni can benefit from the resources and synergies of a larger luxury group while staying true to its identity.

Useful links:
1. Missoni Official Website
2. Rothschild Official Website