JoJo Maman Bébé, the renowned British retailer specializing in baby goods, has experienced a notable resurgence in sales over the past year. In the midst of the UK’s recovery from the pandemic and the resurgence of physical shopping, JoJo Maman Bébé’s 80 locations throughout the UK and Ireland have thrived, attracting a strong interest from consumers. The company described its trading performance during this period as “robust.”

Overall, JoJo Maman Bébé’s turnover increased by an impressive 13%, reaching £71 million. The company’s physical stores accounted for £11.7 million of this increase. Despite a slight decline in online sales by £3.9 million, the company remained strong in the online market, with online sales making up 55% of its total sales. This decrease in online sales was expected as customers returned to in-person shopping with the easing of restrictions.

Additionally, international sales for JoJo Maman Bébé experienced positive growth of 12%. The company maintained a healthy performance, with gross profit as a percentage of turnover standing at 57.9%, slightly lower than the previous year’s figures but still notable. The EBITDA increased from £3.41 million to £3.85 million compared to the previous year. However, the net profit for the year totaled £1.56 million, which was lower than the previous year’s figure of £4.1 million.

The increase in revenue can be attributed to several factors. JoJo Maman Bébé successfully launched a new footwear collection in collaboration with Start-Rite, which significantly boosted sales. The introduction of a personalized gift wrap service also expanded the company’s offerings and attracted new customers. These strategic initiatives, combined with the recovery of physical shopping and the support of loyal customers, contributed to the positive performance of JoJo Maman Bébé.

In 2022, JoJo Maman Bébé was acquired by a joint-venture that included Next, a prominent retail giant. This joint-venture partnership involved Next holding a 44% stake and investor Foxford Capital L5 holding the remaining 56%. The collaboration with Next brings exciting growth opportunities and further expands the company’s already established success.

JoJo Maman Bébé’s impressive rebound in sales demonstrates the resilience and adaptability of the retail industry during challenging times. With its well-established presence in the UK and Ireland, as well as a growing international customer base, the company is primed to continue its success story. As consumer confidence continues to strengthen and physical shopping remains a popular choice, JoJo Maman Bébé is poised for further growth in the years to come.

Useful Links:
JoJo Maman Bébé Official Website
Companies House (source of the filed accounts)