The 10 Most Sustainable Hotels in Barcelona, Spain
For an Ethical and Sustainable Stay in Barcelona...
For an Ethical and Sustainable Stay in Barcelona...
A Sustainability Ranking in partnership with ETIC Hotels
You’re planning a trip to Barcelona and you’re trying to be as ethical and sustainable as possible?
niood lists you the 10 most sustainable hotels in Barcelona:
What makes Eco Boutique Hostal Grau sustainable?
Hostal Grau is committed to being a 100% sustainable hotel as far as it can. For us the respect for the planet, social responsibility and direct treatment with the client it must be something that is ahead of anything, now and in the future. We will not relax, we will continue improving. We want to be an example of many hotels.
Our relationship with our customers is very close. We are many people who value the human part much more than any other Luxury commodity that can be found in a hotel. This is our opinion and philosophy: familiar, green and human. Our values are: Quality: We promise that the product or service is the best as possible. Solidarity: We search collective well-being before anything else. We extrapolate all this to our social welfare policy in general. We help in what we can to the most disadvantaged and we have the commitment of collaboration with companies or foundations that work with disabled people. Trust: We are what we receive. Happy workers make happy guests and this makes a business successful. Teamwork: It helps us to have more tolerance and respect with others. The contribution of ideas from a group of people enriches, always adds, never subtracts. Originality: It is very difficult to be original in the hotel industry, but we are original in the way we treat and address to our customers. Simplicity: Being simple does not mean being less competitive, it is simply betting on realistic goals and gradually incorporating new ones. Humanity: Anticipating the feelings, sensations, concerns… of our guests, helps us to be more empathetic and caring with them.
What makes yök Casa + Cultura sustainable?
On an everyday basis:
– We reduce our energy consumption, by only using A+ certified appliances (thanks to rené + que electrodomèstics), AC/heating system and LED lighting. We installed a home automation system that switches off the AC/heating if a window is opened.
– We are a member of Som Energia, who provide us with 100% renewable energy.
– We save water by installing taps and shower heads with aerators and a cold-start. In our office, the w+w by Roca recycles the grey water from the sink to flush the toilet.
– We make recycling easy by providing the necessary bins and instructions.
– Our luxury beds are made locally from 100% natural materials by Astral Nature.
– We use eco-friendly cleaning products by Goccia Verde.
– We offset 1 tonne of CO2, the equivalent of the emissions of our activity during 2015, by planting trees in the Cap de Creus National Park in collaboration with Bosques Sostenibles.
What makes Hotel Pulitzer sustainable?
Commitment to social action, through collaborations with NGOs and institutions such as the Doctor Clavel Foundation, the Sant Joan de Déu social project, the Esperança Foundation, the Tot Raval Foundation, the Portolà Foundation, the Spanish Cancer Association, etc.
What makes Hotel Barcelona 1882 sustainable?
COMMITMENT TO LOCAL PRODUCTS AND GASTRONOMIC CULTURE
– 70% of our products are locally sourced.
– We disseminate our gastronomy and local traditions.
– We foster local culture, offering free exclusive cultural tours for our clients around the district.
– We take into account the different dietary needs and food intolerances in our gastronomic proposals.
ENERGY EFFICIENCY AND SUSTAINABLE WATER CONSUMPTION
– The hotel has the Gold LEED certification, which certifies that it was built under energy-efficient parameters and sustainable consumption. The hotel was awarded the B energy rating.
– We communicate and raise awareness of sustainable consumption to our employees and clients.
– Our hotel was recognised by Re Think Hotel 2018 as one of the top ten sustainable hotel renovation projects in Spain.
– Ongoing process to obtain the certification of Environmental Quality Guarantee from the Government of Catalonia (Generalitat de Catalunya).
WASTE MANAGEMENT AND FIGHT AGAINST FOOD WASTE
– We separate our waste collection and recycle waste directly. We also collaborate with local entities who can find further use for our waste.
– Our employees receive environmental training and take part in CSR action plans.
What makes Hotel Barcelona Catedral sustainable?
– Part of the energy we consume comes from our solar panel and we take advantage of natural lighting with skylights.
– Most of our lighting is low-consumption and we have timers.
– We make our guests aware to get them involved in the responsible consumption of natural resources.
– We reduce waste and fight against wastage
– Correct waste management is one of the main challenges of the hotel business.
– We have a waste prevention policy and:
– We selectively separate each of the fractions.
– We compact cardboard waste to facilitate its reuse.
– We have an internal paper reuse policy.
– We use recycled paper.
– In collaboration with municipal managers, we compost the organic waste and convert our used oil into biodiesel. We contribute social value to the community
What makes Casa Camper sustainable?
Keen to reduce its impact on the local environment, the hotel is equipped with a water recycling system that cleans shower water through a biomechanical system, producing water that is reused in the toilet. Water consumption is lowered by up to 50 per cent, contributing to the conservation of the precious natural resource.
What makes Mas Salagros EcoResort sustainable?
We are a 100% eco-friendly hotel. At Mas Salagros, we meet the standards established in European regulations on sustainability, which include building materials, energy efficiency and waste management. At Mas Salagros, you’ll find everything from eco-amenities to seasonal, local ingredients at the restaurant.
What makes Hotel Neri Relais & Chateaux sustainable?
These are the steps this property has taken to provide more sustainable and environmentally friendly travel. It offers the option to reuse towels
What makes Yurbban Trafalgar sustainable?
We’ve been granted Class A building certification thanks to our thermal insulation for comfort inside, a smart climate-control system and highly efficient lighting and machinery. This allows us to get the best results out of each space while limiting consumption as much as possible.
We are committed to sustainability, using biodegradable hangers and giving guests the option to save water and power by re-using their towels.
What makes The W Hotel sustainable?
Energy saving is of course a must, which is why all the lights in the hotel are LED, and they have set up occupancy sensors to avoid wasting electricity when no one is around. Water saving is achieved with efficient showers and taps, as well as double-flush toilets. They run a recycling program available for not just the rooms, but also the common areas and the back office. Plus they use sustainable cleaning products and recycled paper.