Italian luxury apparel manufacturer and menswear brand, Zegna, is further expanding its empire with the acquisition of a 60% majority stake in Tessitura Ubertino, a high-end fabric maker. The remaining 40% stake will be retained by the sons of founder Adalgiso Ubertino, who will continue to oversee management and creative direction.

This acquisition bolsters Zegna’s presence in the high-end textile market, adding to their existing portfolio of renowned Italian textile producers such as Bonotto, Dondi, Tessitura di Novara, and Lanificio Zegna. Together, these companies represent the epitome of traditional craftsmanship and the excellence of Made in Italy.

Based in Pratrivero, Valdilana, Biella, Tessitura Ubertino specializes in producing premium fabrics for womenswear, particularly tweed and jacquard. With over 30 years of experience, the company has been supplying fabrics to top fashion brands and is a key player on the Milan and Paris runways.

Gildo Zegna, CEO of the Ermenegildo Zegna Group, expressed his enthusiasm for the acquisition, highlighting how Tessitura Ubertino brings a new element to their luxury textile division and significantly contributes to the Italian Fashion Industry’s supply chain.

Alberto Ubertino, creative director of Tessitura Ubertino, emphasized the natural synergy between Zegna and his company, stemming from their shared heritage and dedication to producing high-quality fabrics. He also highlighted Tessitura Ubertino’s role as a research laboratory for fabric innovation and creativity, serving international luxury and women’s fashion houses.

With this latest acquisition, Zegna solidifies its position as a global leader in luxury menswear and establishes itself as a hub of excellence in the textiles industry. The company continues to expand its portfolio, utilizing its expertise to deliver unparalleled quality products while upholding the heritage and craftsmanship synonymous with Made in Italy.

Useful links:
1. Zegna Official Website
2. Tessitura Ubertino Official Website